Monday, April 27, 2009

Great Strides 2009

Dear family and friends,

I can’t believe that it is that time a year again……Great Strides!! This year I am happy to say that Jacoby will be joining us for the big walk. His cousin, Adelle, has passed down her t-shirt for him to wear, Team Otter walking in memory of Carrie.

I am writing to ask for your help and enlist your support. I recently signed up to participate in GREAT STRIDES: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis, which is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s annual, nationwide walk.

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene. Much progress has been made toward finding a cure for CF, however, the CF Foundation’s work is far from over, as precious young lives continue to be lost to this disease.

I have been personally affected by CF. My sister, Carrie had CF and lost her life to this disease in 2005.

Mike, Jacoby and I will be walking on Saturday, May 16 in Salem with a large group of family and friends in memory of Carrie. I would appreciate a donation from you; I know the economy has been rough on many, so any amount that your budget allows would be greatly appreciated. Your charitable contribution is 100 percent tax deductible. You may make a donation by clicking on the widget below.

Your contribution will enable the CF Foundation to take full advantage of the tremendous opportunities in CF research that are now on the horizon. The path to finding a cure for CF is paved with numerous research opportunities—any one of which could have a profound impact on the lives of those with the disease. The only thing standing in the way of a cure is additional money to fund this life-saving research. Your support allows us to give children and adults with CF the quality of life and future they deserve.

Thank you for supporting this important cause!

donate to my cause

No comments: